Macro Dragon: Snapshot & Anthems...
Summary: Macro Dragon = Cross-Asset Daily Views that could cover anything from tactical positioning, to long-term thematic investments, key events & inflection points in the markets, all with the objective of consistent wealth creation overtime.
Macro Dragon: Snapshot & Anthems...
Top of Mind…
- Snapshot: Looks like Gold & Silver are trying to find their footing off of the previous days sell-off as they clocked +0.21% & +2.90% to 1937 & 25.84.
- Brent +2.65 42.60 also recovering, all whilst we continued to have very big day in equities with the S&P + Nasdaq up +1.4% & 2.6% to 3380 & 11158.
- FX saw a reversal in USD strength & the EUR getting back over that 1.18 handle… yes 1.20 is a given in KVP’s book
- Those looking for more on Biden’s VP Harris, decent list as its not all roses & rainbows that for sure. We chatted about this on yest’s Dragon.
Anthems – make some time for these if you have missed them:
- Rising US yields rip through gold and silver in chaotic move feat Peter, Ole & Steen
- Presidential candidate Joe Biden chose Kamala Harris as his vice president – House View from Jakobsen
- Q2 earnings were worse than expected but investors are pricing a ‘new world’ – Garnry take
- Emerging Markets Brief : Pulling the trigger – Dembik checking in on EM including Turkey
- Crude oil still looking for a break – Hansen’s latest on the black gold
To Keep In Mind Today
- AU: Aussie jobs data beat massively on headline numbers & revisions, yet note they changed the format of how they measure things – so would take these with a grain of salt & dig deeper. Still Aussie up +14bp which is neither here nor there…
- Early doors tmr we have RBA’s Lowe speaking @ 07:30 SGT
- EZ: GER CPI
- US: Jobless Claims, Nat. Gas storage, 30yr bond auction
Start-to-End = Gratitude + Integrity + Vision + Tenacity. Process > Outcome. Sizing > Idea.
This is the wayKVP
Latest Market Insights
Quarterly Outlook Q2 2022: The End Game has arrived
- Shocks from covid and the war in Ukraine have forced the global financial and political world to change, but what will the end game be?
Productivity and innovation have never been more importantAs the world economy hits physical limits and central banks tighten their belts, could equities be facing a 10-15% downside?
The great EUR recovery and the difficulty of trading itIf the terrible fog of war hopefully lifts soon, the conditions are promising for the euro to reprice significantly higher.
Tight commodity markets – turbocharged by war and sanctionsWith supply already tight, commodities keep powering on. But will it last for yet another quarter?
Between a rock and a hard placeGeopolitical concerns will add upward price pressures and fears of slower growth, while volatility will remain elevated.
The Great ErosionInflation is everywhere and central banks try to combat it. But will they get it under control in time?
Australian investing: Six considerations amid triple Rs: rising rates, record inflation and likely recessionWhile global financial markets are struggling in an uncertain world, the commodity-heavy Australian ASX index is poised to keep a positive momentum.
Cybersecurity – the rush to catch up with realityWith the invasion of Ukraine, governments and private companies are rushing to reinforce their cyber defenses.
Please read our disclaimers:
- Notification on Non-Independent Investment Research (https://www.home.saxo/legal/niird/notification)
- Full disclaimer (https://www.home.saxo/en-gb/legal/disclaimer/saxo-disclaimer)