Macro Dragon: Snapshot & Anthems...
Summary: Macro Dragon = Cross-Asset Daily Views that could cover anything from tactical positioning, to long-term thematic investments, key events & inflection points in the markets, all with the objective of consistent wealth creation overtime.
Macro Dragon: Snapshot & Anthems...
Top of Mind…
- Snapshot: Looks like Gold & Silver are trying to find their footing off of the previous days sell-off as they clocked +0.21% & +2.90% to 1937 & 25.84.
- Brent +2.65 42.60 also recovering, all whilst we continued to have very big day in equities with the S&P + Nasdaq up +1.4% & 2.6% to 3380 & 11158.
- FX saw a reversal in USD strength & the EUR getting back over that 1.18 handle… yes 1.20 is a given in KVP’s book
- Those looking for more on Biden’s VP Harris, decent list as its not all roses & rainbows that for sure. We chatted about this on yest’s Dragon.
Anthems – make some time for these if you have missed them:
- Rising US yields rip through gold and silver in chaotic move feat Peter, Ole & Steen
- Presidential candidate Joe Biden chose Kamala Harris as his vice president – House View from Jakobsen
- Q2 earnings were worse than expected but investors are pricing a ‘new world’ – Garnry take
- Emerging Markets Brief : Pulling the trigger – Dembik checking in on EM including Turkey
- Crude oil still looking for a break – Hansen’s latest on the black gold
To Keep In Mind Today
- AU: Aussie jobs data beat massively on headline numbers & revisions, yet note they changed the format of how they measure things – so would take these with a grain of salt & dig deeper. Still Aussie up +14bp which is neither here nor there…
- Early doors tmr we have RBA’s Lowe speaking @ 07:30 SGT
- EZ: GER CPI
- US: Jobless Claims, Nat. Gas storage, 30yr bond auction
Start-to-End = Gratitude + Integrity + Vision + Tenacity. Process > Outcome. Sizing > Idea.
This is the wayKVP
Latest Market Insights
Quarterly Outlook Q3 2022: The Runaway Train
- Central banks' attempts to kill inflation is a paradigm shift, which could end in a deep recession.
Tangible assets and profitable growth are the winnersWith US equities officially in a bear market, the big question is where and when is the bottom in the current drawdown?
Understanding the lack of investment appetite among oil majorsThe everything rally seen in recent quarters has become more uneven, as its strength is driven by commodities in short supply.
The pressure is on as the wind leaves the sailsWith cryptocurrencies in sharp decline, are we entering a crypto winter or is the bear market a healthy clean-up of the crypto space?
Why the Fed can never catch up and what turns the US dollar lower?Many other central banks are set to eventually outpace the Fed in hiking rates, taking their real interest rates to levels higher than the Fed will achieve.
Bank of Japan: Swimming against the tideThe Japanese economy has gone from the age of deflation to rapidly rising prices in no time, leaving the Bank of Japan in a pickle.
Green transformation detour and bear market hibernationWith the impending risk of global econonomic derailment, we share the five things investors need to consider in this new half year.
Crisis redux for the eurozone?Whether there's going to be a recession in Europe or not, the path towards a stable economy will be agonizing.
Technical Outlook: Gold, Oil and a remarkable multi-decade perspective on EquitiesThe Nasdaq bubble pattern, USDJPY resistance, crude oil uptrend losing steam and the technical outlook for USD.
China: the train of new development paradigm left the station two years agoChina is transiting to a new development paradigm, as they are hit by deteriorating terms of trade, a slower global economy and an uncertain future while continuing attempts to contain the pandemic.