Morning Brew April 19 2022
Senior Relationship Manager
Summary: Markets waiting for clues
Markets remain on the edge with worries on Ukraine, China , Rate Hike fears and rising commodity prices weigh on risk sentiment but movements are fairly small.
The USD Index rose above 100 again to trade at 100.80, EURUSD trades at 1.0770 and GBPUSD fell below the 1.30 to trade at 1.2990. Gold and Silver 1975 and 25.75.
Japanese Officials state worries on the weakening yen, and that the damage to the economy is greater than the benefits accruing to it, we are currently trading at 128.15,
Equities are in Limbo with the US30 trading at 34500, the US500 at 4400, the USTECH100 just below the 14000 and the GER40 holding above at 14080
This week will be dominated by earnings, news around Elon Musks takeover of Twitter or the failure thereof, Earnings by Tesla tomorrow, Ukraine and Inflation.
The lockdowns in China are causing a pile up of ships that is giving a hint of supply chain disruptions coming up and we can expect negative news that I am not sure are fully priced in.
Earnings this week:
- Tuesday: Haliburton, Johnson &Johnson, Netflix, Lockheed Martin
- Wednesday: Tesla, Alcoa, P&G, Nasdaq
- Thursday: American Airlines, Snap, AT&T
- Friday: Amex, Verizon, SAP, Schlumberger
- Tuesday: Canadian and US Housing data at 14:15 and 14:30
- Wednesday: German PPI at 08:00EU Industrial Production at 11:00, CA CPI at 14:30
- Thursday: EU HICP at 11, US Labor Data at 14:30
- Friday: UK CPI at 8:00, International PMI