Macro Dragon: Equities Divergence, Technical Check in on the divergence on AirBnB [ABNB], Compass Pathways [CMPS] & Beyond Meat [BYND]
Summary: Macro Dragon = Cross-Asset Quasi-Daily Views that could cover anything from tactical positioning, to long-term thematic investments, key events & inflection points in the markets, all with the objective of consistent wealth creation overtime.
Macro Dragon: Technical Check-in on the Equities Divergences on AirBnB [ABNB], Compass Pathways [CMPS] & Beyond Meat [BYND]
Top of Mind…
- As KVP gets back in the game, its been flagged by our world class Global Sales Trading Team - that we need more equity focus pieces for our clients... so we are just gonna check into three names that we've covered on the Macro Dragon before
- As always, be wary of any equity analyst talking about equites, let alone the Macro Dude talking about equities... :)
- Let’s start with the underperformer, BYND – which the Dragon has been covering for a whilst, since it actually listed. The Macro Skew on this was covered in Aug 2020; Erns Watch: Beyond Meat, Alternative Protein Theme & Macro Sins - which touched on the Alternative Protein Space from a Meta Perspective.
- KVP still has to catch-up with the latest fundamentals – previous quarter saw them continuing to invest in R&D & rebooting their European strategy, shifting from a partnership to driving it themselves. Next scheduled earnings date is after market on the Nov 10th
- The chart & stock price has been ugly for the bulls & a delight for the bears – the 1Q spike was the GameStop/WSB/SME squeeze, followed by a similar smaller wave in the end of 2Q.
- Low for the year is $91.55 lvls, with key resistance likely being in the $120-130 range, from these $102 lvls. Its worth noting the short-interest as a % of the float is c. 28%, with c. 8x to cover as of 14 days ago. So we could see some shorts being covered as we approach the earnings date & a squeeze if there is an upbeat surprise. BYND has had 4 consecutive negative months where it has dropped from 157.49 to 98.98 for the close of Oct, that’s a -37% fall.
- On the other hand, in just 1m alone Compass Pathways [CMPS] is up over +55%, in an example of where patience has paid off. We’ve touched on CMPS since its listing last year; Macro Dragon: Putting Compass on the Map... Mycelium, Magic Mushrooms + Psychedelics for Medicine & Treatment - with the key catalyst always being 2H21 on the results of the clinical trials.
- The chart is breaking out big time past $40 previous resistance lvl. At $46.66, the next likely key lvls to test will be $50 & the all time high of c. $62. This is not a chart that KVP would be short, unless there was a specific event-driven catalyst as a play. Its worth noting that CMPS is set to report on Nov 12.
- Lastly with at least no near-term earnings risk, we had AirBnB[ABNB] reporting yesterday, whilst it close dup +3.2% at 178.45, the results were post market & its currently looking indicated at 184.60/185.00, a c. +3-4% uplift on yest.’s close.
- The likely next key lvl to test on ABNB is $200, with support being offering at the $160 lvl. It will be interesting to see how it trades on this NFP Friday. Good wkd folks.
Start<>End = Gratitude + Integrity + Vision + Tenacity | Process > Outcome | Sizing > Position.
This is The Way
Quarterly Outlook Q1 2022
Quarterly Outlook Q1 2022: Fuelling the Energy Crisis
- The green transformation is fuelling the energy crisis. Is it time to base our energy future on reality not fantasy?
Energy crisis could turn energy stocks into secular winnerWith long-term expected returns for the global energy sector close to 10%, we look at 40 stocks that could be set to cash in.
Commodities supported by greenflation and tight supplyThe commodity sector recorded its best year since 2000 in 2021. Will the good times will keep rolling in 2022? Ole Hansen thinks so.
The bond bear market will not spare anyoneInvestors will need to prepare for the pain of a bond bear market in 2022. But are there opportunities out there, too?
Mean reversion for big 2021 moves and lots of volatilityDon't expect the Japanese yen or Chinese renminbi to stay at their overstretched valuations for long. Get the FX Outlook now.
The future in energy-intensive proof-of-work looks dimIn the midst of a global energy crisis, electricity-guzzling Bitcoin and Ethereum are set to feel the heat from politicians and investors.
Australian equities poised to benefit from the energy crisisThere may be an energy crisis, but that's fuelling a charge in the ASX. FInd out which stocks could be burning hot this quarter.
The EU’s unwise energy policyThe EU's energy crisis is one of the main drivers of inflation. Is there any relief around the corner, or is the situation critical?