Macro Dragon: WK #19 - New Week, same Themes...
Summary: Macro Dragon = Cross-Asset Daily Views that could cover anything from tactical positioning, to long-term thematic investments, key events & inflection points in the markets, all with the objective of consistent wealth creation overtime.
Macro Dragon: WK #19 – New Week, Same Themes…
Top of Mind…
- Week 19 themes will be similar: When do the economies globally restart locally, then internationally. We also get Service PMIs & US Non-Mfg. ISM, US NFP & U/R
- US: ISM Non-Mfg, Final Serv. PMI, NFP (first pure one post C19), U/R, ADP, Inv.
- CH: Caixin Serv. PMI, Trade Balance
- EZ: Final PMIs Serv. & Mfg., GER Factory Orders, GER IP, PPI, Covid-19 Package
- JP: Hols (May 4-6), BoJ Mins, Monetary Base, Household Spending
- UK: Final Serv. PMI, House Prices, BoE, Fri Bank Hol
- AU: MI Inflation Gauge, Building Approvals, RBA, Retail Sales, Trade Balance
- NZ: Building Consents, Milk Auction, Employment Change, U/R, Inflation Exp.
- CA: Trade Balance, Ivey PMI, Housing Starts, Jobs Data, Building Permits
Recent SaxoStrats Must Read & Think Pieces…
Start-End with Gratitude+Integrity+Vision. Create Luck. Process > Outcome. Sizing > Idea. Repeat
Latest Market Insights
Quarterly Outlook Q3 2022: The Runaway Train
- Central banks' attempts to kill inflation is a paradigm shift, which could end in a deep recession.
Tangible assets and profitable growth are the winnersWith US equities officially in a bear market, the big question is where and when is the bottom in the current drawdown?
Understanding the lack of investment appetite among oil majorsThe everything rally seen in recent quarters has become more uneven, as its strength is driven by commodities in short supply.
The pressure is on as the wind leaves the sailsWith cryptocurrencies in sharp decline, are we entering a crypto winter or is the bear market a healthy clean-up of the crypto space?
Why the Fed can never catch up and what turns the US dollar lower?Many other central banks are set to eventually outpace the Fed in hiking rates, taking their real interest rates to levels higher than the Fed will achieve.
Bank of Japan: Swimming against the tideThe Japanese economy has gone from the age of deflation to rapidly rising prices in no time, leaving the Bank of Japan in a pickle.
Green transformation detour and bear market hibernationWith the impending risk of global econonomic derailment, we share the five things investors need to consider in this new half year.
Crisis redux for the eurozone?Whether there's going to be a recession in Europe or not, the path towards a stable economy will be agonizing.
Technical Outlook: Gold, Oil and a remarkable multi-decade perspective on EquitiesThe Nasdaq bubble pattern, USDJPY resistance, crude oil uptrend losing steam and the technical outlook for USD.
China: the train of new development paradigm left the station two years agoChina is transiting to a new development paradigm, as they are hit by deteriorating terms of trade, a slower global economy and an uncertain future while continuing attempts to contain the pandemic.