Macro Dragon: WK #19 - New Week, same Themes...
Summary: Macro Dragon = Cross-Asset Daily Views that could cover anything from tactical positioning, to long-term thematic investments, key events & inflection points in the markets, all with the objective of consistent wealth creation overtime.
Macro Dragon: WK #19 – New Week, Same Themes…
Top of Mind…
- Week 19 themes will be similar: When do the economies globally restart locally, then internationally. We also get Service PMIs & US Non-Mfg. ISM, US NFP & U/R
- US: ISM Non-Mfg, Final Serv. PMI, NFP (first pure one post C19), U/R, ADP, Inv.
- CH: Caixin Serv. PMI, Trade Balance
- EZ: Final PMIs Serv. & Mfg., GER Factory Orders, GER IP, PPI, Covid-19 Package
- JP: Hols (May 4-6), BoJ Mins, Monetary Base, Household Spending
- UK: Final Serv. PMI, House Prices, BoE, Fri Bank Hol
- AU: MI Inflation Gauge, Building Approvals, RBA, Retail Sales, Trade Balance
- NZ: Building Consents, Milk Auction, Employment Change, U/R, Inflation Exp.
- CA: Trade Balance, Ivey PMI, Housing Starts, Jobs Data, Building Permits
Recent SaxoStrats Must Read & Think Pieces…
Start-End with Gratitude+Integrity+Vision. Create Luck. Process > Outcome. Sizing > Idea. Repeat
Quarterly Outlook Q2 2022
Quarterly Outlook Q2 2022: The End Game has arrived
- Shocks from covid and the war in Ukraine have forced the global financial and political world to change, but what will the end game be?
Productivity and innovation have never been more importantAs the world economy hits physical limits and central banks tighten their belts, could equities be facing a 10-15% downside?
The great EUR recovery and the difficulty of trading itIf the terrible fog of war hopefully lifts soon, the conditions are promising for the euro to reprice significantly higher.
Tight commodity markets – turbocharged by war and sanctionsWith supply already tight, commodities keep powering on. But will it last for yet another quarter?
Between a rock and a hard placeGeopolitical concerns will add upward price pressures and fears of slower growth, while volatility will remain elevated.
The Great ErosionInflation is everywhere and central banks try to combat it. But will they get it under control in time?
Australian investing: Six considerations amid triple Rs: rising rates, record inflation and likely recessionWhile global financial markets are struggling in an uncertain world, the commodity-heavy Australian ASX index is poised to keep a positive momentum.
Cybersecurity – the rush to catch up with realityWith the invasion of Ukraine, governments and private companies are rushing to reinforce their cyber defenses.