Macro Dragon: Welcome to Week #21...
Summary: Macro Dragon = Cross-Asset Daily Views that could cover anything from tactical positioning, to long-term thematic investments, key events & inflection points in the markets, all with the objective of consistent wealth creation overtime.
Macro Dragon: Welcome to Week #21
Top of Mind…
- Theme for this wk is flash PMIs, mins out of the Fed & RBA, same US / CH geopolitics, reopening vs. recovery, fiscal vs. monetary & likely looking for a structural break out of recent trading ranges across a number of assets.
- Holidays: CA out today, DK, FR & GER Thu Holidays, Worth noting long wkd up ahead in the US with Memorial day on Mon May 25 being a holiday.
- US: Building Permits, Housing Starts, FOMC mins, Philly Fed Mdg, Flash PMIs, CB Leading Index, Existing Home Sales…
- CH: CB Leading Index
- EZ: ZEW Economic Sentiment, Current Account, Final CPI, Consumer Confidence, Flash PMIs
- JP: Flash GDP, Tertiary Industry Activity, Core Machinery Orders, Trade Balance, Flash mfg. PMI, National Core CPI
- UK: CB Leading Index, Unemployment Rate, CPI, PPI, Flash PMIs, Retail Sales
- AU: RBA mins, CB Leading Index, MI Leading Index, Flash PMIs
- NZ: PPI, Milk Auction, Credit Card Spending, Retail Sales
- CA: CPI, Annual Budget release, ADP, Core Retail Sales, Corporate Profits
Please Make The Bandwidth For The Following…
- May 14 Thu – Saxo Market Call, where we touched on bitcoin, gold, negative rates & banks
- Macro Dragon: Checking-in on Bitcoin... Legendary Trader Paul Tudor Jones, is in Love, with Bitcoin & Gold...
- Make time for NOK & Norway folks, JJH touches on part of the implication on the fiscal measures announced last wk FX Update: NOK to break higher on massive stimulus?
- Ole checking in on wheat Another year of plenty awaits the grain market
- Creagh on Aus jobs report last week Hope trade fades
Start-End = Gratitude+Integrity+Vision. Create Luck. Process > Outcome. Sizing > Idea.
Quarterly Outlook Q2 2022
Quarterly Outlook Q2 2022: The End Game has arrived
- Shocks from covid and the war in Ukraine have forced the global financial and political world to change, but what will the end game be?
Productivity and innovation have never been more importantAs the world economy hits physical limits and central banks tighten their belts, could equities be facing a 10-15% downside?
The great EUR recovery and the difficulty of trading itIf the terrible fog of war hopefully lifts soon, the conditions are promising for the euro to reprice significantly higher.
Tight commodity markets – turbocharged by war and sanctionsWith supply already tight, commodities keep powering on. But will it last for yet another quarter?
Between a rock and a hard placeGeopolitical concerns will add upward price pressures and fears of slower growth, while volatility will remain elevated.
The Great ErosionInflation is everywhere and central banks try to combat it. But will they get it under control in time?
Australian investing: Six considerations amid triple Rs: rising rates, record inflation and likely recessionWhile global financial markets are struggling in an uncertain world, the commodity-heavy Australian ASX index is poised to keep a positive momentum.
Cybersecurity – the rush to catch up with realityWith the invasion of Ukraine, governments and private companies are rushing to reinforce their cyber defenses.