Exceptional Returns, with Global Macro Trader & Nature Conservationist Geoffrey Chen
Global Macro Strategist, Saxo Bank Group
Summary: Our third Dragon Interview takes us to an outlier's outlier, with world-class trader & investor Geo Chen. Geo has been running his own capital across both liquid & illiquid strategies & allocations since 2017, Clocking exceptional returns in the process, which more importantly fuels Geo & his family's passion & calling for nature conservation.
We had the pleasure of sitting down and speaking with Geoffrey Chen who is:
Post a career in banking, Geo has been running his own capital since 2017 through his family office.
What is impressive outside of the large returns over the period, is that Geo somehow does it all – from trading to investing, to internal capital allocations as well as external allocations.
We cover his come-up story, his framework + process & approach, his passion & the importance of nature conservation, as well as Top of Mind Thoughts & views for 2021 & the general global macro regime that we are in.
We hope you enjoy the interview, as much as we enjoyed putting it together.
And if there is something that you take away from this, be it inspiration, enhanced framework, made you think, investment thesis that resonates, etc…
Do consider making a donation to the Rain Forest Trust – which buys up rainforest land around the world & maintains them within an ecosystem of local residents.
- How Geo fared in 2020, given the massive bullishness in Jan, crazy sell-off in Feb & Mar, then once again bullish recovery in Apr & May
- Inflationary regime & the huge fiscal forces that we are seeing
- Precious Metals & US duration
- Bitcoin & Crypto
Please read our disclaimers:
- Notification on Non-Independent Investment Research (https://www.home.saxo/legal/niird/notification)
- Full disclaimer (https://www.home.saxo/en-gb/legal/disclaimer/saxo-disclaimer)