Challenge! Beat the SaxoStrats team in the European Championship
Chief Investment Officer
Summary: Are you able to beat Saxo Bank's strongest team in the European Championship? I pretend that my day job is that of Chief Investment Officer for Saxo Group, but actually I have another ambition in life: to become the next Mourinho!
Today, we are announcing a competition for best manager at the European Championship football tournament. You can find the playing field at the UEFA official football manager at gaming.uefa.com. It is free to join and, using this code 40KGBGG303, you will join the Saxo Euro 2021 league.
I have a feeling this month’s European Championship will vindicate me as a manager. Mourinho’s starting job was as an interpreter for Barcelona coach Bobby Robson, and now he gets 15 million GBP in severance each time he fails to deliver (reminds me of hedge funds and CEO’s).
I have learned from sitting through thousands of PowerPoint presentations in Saxo that you need to start every presentation with a brief backgrounder, so here it goes.
- I played 55 matches at the highest professional level in Denmark with B93 before my career was cut short by injury and the appeal of trading currencies. I am also the striker for the B93 Masters team with a goal scoring average slightly below 1 per game.
- I am capped for Denmarks under 19 team, playing alongside Michael Laudrup.
- I come from the only country that has ever won the European Championship without qualifying, and most important I won the office pool when Greece won in 2004.
- Last but not least I am the originator of the Saxo Outrageous Predictions...
My back room staff is even more impressive:
- On defense, fixed income, we have Althea, who is there to safeguard that we play defensively and with a lot of Italians. She keeps mentioning Gennaro Gattuso.
- On midfield we have John Hardy, the American, who will Moneyball the hell out of the stats, and he is helped by our resident physicist Anders Nysteen, who until this week didn’t know football was the national sport in Denmark. (Forgive him he is from Køge, a place with no culture).
- On attack we have Peter Garnry, who simply can’t have enough exposure, and he claims to be something of a overlooked football star despite growing up in Allerød (a place with no pulse)
- Ole S Hansen is the team CEO, making sure we have all the resources at the right price, using his famous COT reports, to find overvalue vs. undervalued players to buy / substitute.
Given the role of chance regardless of the strength of our team, you might just have a chance, and to find out you will need to join the Saxo Euro 2021 league, and if luck strikes you may be able to compete with FC SaxoStrats.
Again, find the league at gaming.uefa.com using this code 40KGBGG303. The option to join the league will appear after you have created your team.
Let the best team win - Held og lykke!
Latest Market Insights
Quarterly Outlook Q3 2022: The Runaway Train
- Central banks' attempts to kill inflation is a paradigm shift, which could end in a deep recession.
Tangible assets and profitable growth are the winnersWith US equities officially in a bear market, the big question is where and when is the bottom in the current drawdown?
Understanding the lack of investment appetite among oil majorsThe everything rally seen in recent quarters has become more uneven, as its strength is driven by commodities in short supply.
The pressure is on as the wind leaves the sailsWith cryptocurrencies in sharp decline, are we entering a crypto winter or is the bear market a healthy clean-up of the crypto space?
Why the Fed can never catch up and what turns the US dollar lower?Many other central banks are set to eventually outpace the Fed in hiking rates, taking their real interest rates to levels higher than the Fed will achieve.
Bank of Japan: Swimming against the tideThe Japanese economy has gone from the age of deflation to rapidly rising prices in no time, leaving the Bank of Japan in a pickle.
Green transformation detour and bear market hibernationWith the impending risk of global econonomic derailment, we share the five things investors need to consider in this new half year.
Crisis redux for the eurozone?Whether there's going to be a recession in Europe or not, the path towards a stable economy will be agonizing.
Technical Outlook: Gold, Oil and a remarkable multi-decade perspective on EquitiesThe Nasdaq bubble pattern, USDJPY resistance, crude oil uptrend losing steam and the technical outlook for USD.
China: the train of new development paradigm left the station two years agoChina is transiting to a new development paradigm, as they are hit by deteriorating terms of trade, a slower global economy and an uncertain future while continuing attempts to contain the pandemic.