Challenge! Beat the SaxoStrats team in the European Championship
Chief Economist & CIO
Summary: Are you able to beat Saxo Bank's strongest team in the European Championship? I pretend that my day job is that of Chief Investment Officer for Saxo Group, but actually I have another ambition in life: to become the next Mourinho!
Today, we are announcing a competition for best manager at the European Championship football tournament. You can find the playing field at the UEFA official football manager at gaming.uefa.com. It is free to join and, using this code 40KGBGG303, you will join the Saxo Euro 2021 league.
I have a feeling this month’s European Championship will vindicate me as a manager. Mourinho’s starting job was as an interpreter for Barcelona coach Bobby Robson, and now he gets 15 million GBP in severance each time he fails to deliver (reminds me of hedge funds and CEO’s).
I have learned from sitting through thousands of PowerPoint presentations in Saxo that you need to start every presentation with a brief backgrounder, so here it goes.
- I played 55 matches at the highest professional level in Denmark with B93 before my career was cut short by injury and the appeal of trading currencies. I am also the striker for the B93 Masters team with a goal scoring average slightly below 1 per game.
- I am capped for Denmarks under 19 team, playing alongside Michael Laudrup.
- I come from the only country that has ever won the European Championship without qualifying, and most important I won the office pool when Greece won in 2004.
- Last but not least I am the originator of the Saxo Outrageous Predictions...
My back room staff is even more impressive:
- On defense, fixed income, we have Althea, who is there to safeguard that we play defensively and with a lot of Italians. She keeps mentioning Gennaro Gattuso.
- On midfield we have John Hardy, the American, who will Moneyball the hell out of the stats, and he is helped by our resident physicist Anders Nysteen, who until this week didn’t know football was the national sport in Denmark. (Forgive him he is from Køge, a place with no culture).
- On attack we have Peter Garnry, who simply can’t have enough exposure, and he claims to be something of a overlooked football star despite growing up in Allerød (a place with no pulse)
- Ole S Hansen is the team CEO, making sure we have all the resources at the right price, using his famous COT reports, to find overvalue vs. undervalued players to buy / substitute.
Given the role of chance regardless of the strength of our team, you might just have a chance, and to find out you will need to join the Saxo Euro 2021 league, and if luck strikes you may be able to compete with FC SaxoStrats.
Again, find the league at gaming.uefa.com using this code 40KGBGG303. The option to join the league will appear after you have created your team.
Let the best team win - Held og lykke!
Latest Market Insights
Outrageous Predictions 2023: The War Economy
- The constantly growing global need for energy drives the world's richest to huddle up and launch a R&D project in a size the world hasn't seen since the Manhattan Project gave the US the first atomic bomb.
French President Macron resignsThe political stalemate in France and the rise of Marie Le Pen following the 2022 elections corners President Macron, forcing him to give up on politics and resign from his position. At least for now.
Gold rockets to USD 3,000 as central banks fail on inflation mandateAs markets and central banks realise that the idea that inflation is transitory is wrong, and that prices will remain higher for longer, gold is sent through the roof, hitting a price tag of USD 3,000
EU Army forces EU down path to full unionWith continued challenges in the region and a US military that isn't aggressively enacting its former role as global policeman, the European Union agrees to create its own armed forces, bringing the whole region closer.
A country agrees to ban all meat production by 2030In an effort to become one of the global leaders on the path to net-zero emissions, one country decides to not only put a heavy tax on meat, but to ban domestic production entirely.
UK holds UnBrexit referendumFollowing a recession and domestic pressure, the United Kingdom is thrown into political turmoil that will end with a vote to wind back Brexit.
Widespread price controls are introduced to cap official inflationHistory tells us that with the war economy comes rationing and price controls. And this time is no different, as policymakers introduce strict price controls that lead to a range of unintended consequences.
OPEC+ & Chindia walk out of the IMF, agree to trade with new reserve assetSanctions against Russia have caused widespread turmoil due to US Dollar moves in countries across the globe that don't consider the US an ally. To relieve themselves from this, they leave the IMF and create a new reserve asset.
USDJPY fixed to the USD at 200 as Japan overhauls financial systemFollowing the challenges that faced the Japanese Yen in 2022, the Bank of Japan attempts to keep the currency from sliding. Unsuccessful on the long-term, Japan will launch a reset of its entire financial system.
Tax haven ban kills private equityWith the war economy comes an increased focus on national interests and sovereign nations' ability to assert themselves. In that regard, the OECD countries turn their attention on tax havens and pull the big guns out, banning them altogether.