Challenge! Beat the SaxoStrats team in the European Championship
Chief Investment Officer
Summary: Are you able to beat Saxo Bank's strongest team in the European Championship? I pretend that my day job is that of Chief Investment Officer for Saxo Group, but actually I have another ambition in life: to become the next Mourinho!
Today, we are announcing a competition for best manager at the European Championship football tournament. You can find the playing field at the UEFA official football manager at gaming.uefa.com. It is free to join and, using this code 40KGBGG303, you will join the Saxo Euro 2021 league.
I have a feeling this month’s European Championship will vindicate me as a manager. Mourinho’s starting job was as an interpreter for Barcelona coach Bobby Robson, and now he gets 15 million GBP in severance each time he fails to deliver (reminds me of hedge funds and CEO’s).
I have learned from sitting through thousands of PowerPoint presentations in Saxo that you need to start every presentation with a brief backgrounder, so here it goes.
- I played 55 matches at the highest professional level in Denmark with B93 before my career was cut short by injury and the appeal of trading currencies. I am also the striker for the B93 Masters team with a goal scoring average slightly below 1 per game.
- I am capped for Denmarks under 19 team, playing alongside Michael Laudrup.
- I come from the only country that has ever won the European Championship without qualifying, and most important I won the office pool when Greece won in 2004.
- Last but not least I am the originator of the Saxo Outrageous Predictions...
My back room staff is even more impressive:
- On defense, fixed income, we have Althea, who is there to safeguard that we play defensively and with a lot of Italians. She keeps mentioning Gennaro Gattuso.
- On midfield we have John Hardy, the American, who will Moneyball the hell out of the stats, and he is helped by our resident physicist Anders Nysteen, who until this week didn’t know football was the national sport in Denmark. (Forgive him he is from Køge, a place with no culture).
- On attack we have Peter Garnry, who simply can’t have enough exposure, and he claims to be something of a overlooked football star despite growing up in Allerød (a place with no pulse)
- Ole S Hansen is the team CEO, making sure we have all the resources at the right price, using his famous COT reports, to find overvalue vs. undervalued players to buy / substitute.
Given the role of chance regardless of the strength of our team, you might just have a chance, and to find out you will need to join the Saxo Euro 2021 league, and if luck strikes you may be able to compete with FC SaxoStrats.
Again, find the league at gaming.uefa.com using this code 40KGBGG303. The option to join the league will appear after you have created your team.
Let the best team win - Held og lykke!
Quarterly Outlook Q1 2022
Quarterly Outlook Q1 2022: Fuelling the Energy Crisis
- The green transformation is fuelling the energy crisis. Is it time to base our energy future on reality not fantasy?
Energy crisis could turn energy stocks into secular winnerWith long-term expected returns for the global energy sector close to 10%, we look at 40 stocks that could be set to cash in.
Commodities supported by greenflation and tight supplyThe commodity sector recorded its best year since 2000 in 2021. Will the good times will keep rolling in 2022? Ole Hansen thinks so.
The bond bear market will not spare anyoneInvestors will need to prepare for the pain of a bond bear market in 2022. But are there opportunities out there, too?
Mean reversion for big 2021 moves and lots of volatilityDon't expect the Japanese yen or Chinese renminbi to stay at their overstretched valuations for long. Get the FX Outlook now.
The future in energy-intensive proof-of-work looks dimIn the midst of a global energy crisis, electricity-guzzling Bitcoin and Ethereum are set to feel the heat from politicians and investors.
Australian equities poised to benefit from the energy crisisThere may be an energy crisis, but that's fuelling a charge in the ASX. FInd out which stocks could be burning hot this quarter.
The EU’s unwise energy policyThe EU's energy crisis is one of the main drivers of inflation. Is there any relief around the corner, or is the situation critical?