Macro Dragon: Welcome to WK # 33... RBNZ, BdeM, US + CH CPIs, Aussie Jobs Data
Summary: Macro Dragon = Cross-Asset Daily Views that could cover anything from tactical positioning, to long-term thematic investments, key events & inflection points in the markets, all with the objective of consistent wealth creation overtime.
Macro Dragon: WK # 33... RBNZ, BdeM, US|CH CPIs, AU Jobs
Top of Mind…
- Happy Monday Folks & Welcome to WK # 33…
- Happy National Day to Singapore, as we celebrate the country being 55yrs young! So public holiday here today.
- What kind of week are you trying to have?
- Economics: Light week in regards to known unknowns. Really a slight inflation theme with figures due out of the US & China. China should also have it monthly growth figures that range from retails sales, to Industrial Production & Fixed Asset Investments.
- Politics: Again US elections countdown will continue to garner the attention span, with focus on all things from Camp Trump & Camp Biden.
- Central Banks: Rate decisions are due out of New Zealand & Mexico – with the latter likely having more weight given the scale, size & focus of Mexico in the EM markets. Minutes from the Banco Central Do Brasil should also be due.
- Fed Speak: Looking relatively light with Kaplan on deck, yet never know who comes out the woodworks.
- Holidays: SG out today on National Day, Japan is also out.
- US: JOLTS, PPI, CPI +0.7%e +0.6%p, CORE 1.1%e 1.2%p, Jobless Claims, Retail Sales, Cap. Util, UoM, Biz Inv.
- CH: CPI 2.e%e 2.5%p, PPI -2.5%p -3.0%p, M2 Money Supply, New Loans, FDI, FAI, IP, RS
- EZ: GER PPI, Current Account, Consumer Confidence, Flash PMIs: mfg. 49.6e 47.4r, serv. 51.0e 48.3r
- JP: Bank Lending, Current Account, M2 Money Stock, PPI, Tertiary Industry
- UK: Avg, Erns Index, U/R, CB Leading Index, 2Q Flash GDP due -2.2%p, IP, Con. Output
- AU: NAB Biz Conf., WestPac Cons. Sent, Wage Price Index, M1 Inflation Exp., Jobs Data
- NZ: RBNZ, Visitor Arrivals, Biz Mfg. Index,
- CA: Housing Starts
Start-to-End = Gratitude + Integrity + Vision + Tenacity. Process > Outcome. Sizing > Idea.
This is the wayKVP
Latest Market Insights
Quarterly Outlook Q3 2022: The Runaway Train
- Central banks' attempts to kill inflation is a paradigm shift, which could end in a deep recession.
Tangible assets and profitable growth are the winnersWith US equities officially in a bear market, the big question is where and when is the bottom in the current drawdown?
Understanding the lack of investment appetite among oil majorsThe everything rally seen in recent quarters has become more uneven, as its strength is driven by commodities in short supply.
The pressure is on as the wind leaves the sailsWith cryptocurrencies in sharp decline, are we entering a crypto winter or is the bear market a healthy clean-up of the crypto space?
Why the Fed can never catch up and what turns the US dollar lower?Many other central banks are set to eventually outpace the Fed in hiking rates, taking their real interest rates to levels higher than the Fed will achieve.
Bank of Japan: Swimming against the tideThe Japanese economy has gone from the age of deflation to rapidly rising prices in no time, leaving the Bank of Japan in a pickle.
Green transformation detour and bear market hibernationWith the impending risk of global econonomic derailment, we share the five things investors need to consider in this new half year.
Crisis redux for the eurozone?Whether there's going to be a recession in Europe or not, the path towards a stable economy will be agonizing.