Macro Dragon: Welcome to WK # 33... RBNZ, BdeM, US + CH CPIs, Aussie Jobs Data
Summary: Macro Dragon = Cross-Asset Daily Views that could cover anything from tactical positioning, to long-term thematic investments, key events & inflection points in the markets, all with the objective of consistent wealth creation overtime.
Macro Dragon: WK # 33... RBNZ, BdeM, US|CH CPIs, AU Jobs
Top of Mind…
- Happy Monday Folks & Welcome to WK # 33…
- Happy National Day to Singapore, as we celebrate the country being 55yrs young! So public holiday here today.
- What kind of week are you trying to have?
- Economics: Light week in regards to known unknowns. Really a slight inflation theme with figures due out of the US & China. China should also have it monthly growth figures that range from retails sales, to Industrial Production & Fixed Asset Investments.
- Politics: Again US elections countdown will continue to garner the attention span, with focus on all things from Camp Trump & Camp Biden.
- Central Banks: Rate decisions are due out of New Zealand & Mexico – with the latter likely having more weight given the scale, size & focus of Mexico in the EM markets. Minutes from the Banco Central Do Brasil should also be due.
- Fed Speak: Looking relatively light with Kaplan on deck, yet never know who comes out the woodworks.
- Holidays: SG out today on National Day, Japan is also out.
- US: JOLTS, PPI, CPI +0.7%e +0.6%p, CORE 1.1%e 1.2%p, Jobless Claims, Retail Sales, Cap. Util, UoM, Biz Inv.
- CH: CPI 2.e%e 2.5%p, PPI -2.5%p -3.0%p, M2 Money Supply, New Loans, FDI, FAI, IP, RS
- EZ: GER PPI, Current Account, Consumer Confidence, Flash PMIs: mfg. 49.6e 47.4r, serv. 51.0e 48.3r
- JP: Bank Lending, Current Account, M2 Money Stock, PPI, Tertiary Industry
- UK: Avg, Erns Index, U/R, CB Leading Index, 2Q Flash GDP due -2.2%p, IP, Con. Output
- AU: NAB Biz Conf., WestPac Cons. Sent, Wage Price Index, M1 Inflation Exp., Jobs Data
- NZ: RBNZ, Visitor Arrivals, Biz Mfg. Index,
- CA: Housing Starts
Start-to-End = Gratitude + Integrity + Vision + Tenacity. Process > Outcome. Sizing > Idea.
This is the wayKVP
Quarterly Outlook Q2 2022
Quarterly Outlook Q2 2022: The End Game has arrived
- Shocks from covid and the war in Ukraine have forced the global financial and political world to change, but what will the end game be?
Energy crisis could turn energy stocks into secular winnerWith long-term expected returns for the global energy sector close to 10%, we look at 40 stocks that could be set to cash in.
The great EUR recovery and the difficulty of trading itIf the terrible fog of war hopefully lifts soon, the conditions are promising for the euro to reprice significantly higher.
Tight commodity markets – turbocharged by war and sanctionsWith supply already tight, commodities keep powering on. But will it last for yet another quarter?
Between a rock and a hard placeGeopolitical concerns will add upward price pressures and fears of slower growth, while volatility will remain elevated.
The Great ErosionInflation is everywhere and central banks try to combat it. But will they get it under control in time?
Australian investing: Six considerations amid triple Rs: rising rates, record inflation and likely recessionWhile global financial markets are struggling in an uncertain world, the commodity-heavy Australian ASX index is poised to keep a positive momentum.
Cybersecurity – the rush to catch up with realityWith the invasion of Ukraine, governments and private companies are rushing to reinforce their cyber defenses.