Equities Watch WK #30: TSLA, MSFT, TWTR, SNAP, UBS...
Equities 2 minutes to read
Summary: Equities Watch Highlights some of the key equity earnings due
(These are solely the views & opinions of KVP, & do not constitute any trade or investment recommendations. By the time you synthesize this, things may have changed.)
This is the way KVP
Earnings Watch Week #30: Tesla, Twitter, Snap , UBS & Microsoft...
All About Tesla, Microsoft, Snap & Twitter…
- With a good chunk of the SaxoStrats dream squad out for some well-deserved break in the Northern Hemisphere Summer, KVP is QBing a little extra across the different asset classes. Lets check in on that one asset class with long-term positive convexity, equities!
- So the S&P 500… of which we may soon get the likes of TSLA added to it! That’s right… Tesla is not yet in the S&P 500.. yet with a market cap of $280bn & adv of +$13bn over the last 6m this may just be a matter of WHEN not IF.
- Its worth bearing in mind, that most passive index trackers don’t have a mandate to buy a stock prior to it joining the S&P500… i.e. if they have to buy it higher, they have to buy it higher.
- The key earnings that KVP will be watching this wk will be from Snap (Tue), Tesla (Wed) & Twitter (Thu). Will aim touch on those in more detail later this wk.
- By no means exhaustive some of the names that we are watching on Wk #30 (thx Luke):
- Mon 20 Jul
- Tue 21 Jul
- Novartis AG
- Coca-Cola Co/The
- Philip Morris International
- Lockheed Martin Corp
- Intuitive Surgical Inc
- Prologis Inc
- UBS Group AG
- Snap Inc
- Wed 22 Jul
- Microsoft Corp
- Tesla Inc
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc
- Danaher Corp
- ABB Ltd
- Biogen Inc
- Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc
- Thu 23 Jul
- Roche Holding AG
- Intel Corp
- AT&T Inc
- Unilever PLC
- Blackstone Group Inc/The
- Air Products and Chemicals Inc
- Kimberly-Clark Corp
- Daimler AG
- Twitter Inc
- Southwest Airlines Co
- Fri 24 Jul
- Verizon Communications Inc
- T-Mobile US Inc
- NextEra Energy Inc
- Texas Instruments Inc
- Honeywell International Inc
- American Express Co
- Expedia Group Inc
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd
Start-End = Gratitude + Integrity + Vision + Tenacity. Process > Outcome. Sizing > Idea.
This is the way
Latest Market Insights
Outrageous Predictions 2023: The War Economy
- The constantly growing global need for energy drives the world's richest to huddle up and launch a R&D project in a size the world hasn't seen since the Manhattan Project gave the US the first atomic bomb.
French President Macron resignsThe political stalemate in France and the rise of Marie Le Pen following the 2022 elections corners President Macron, forcing him to give up on politics and resign from his position. At least for now.
Gold rockets to USD 3,000 as central banks fail on inflation mandateAs markets and central banks realise that the idea that inflation is transitory is wrong, and that prices will remain higher for longer, gold is sent through the roof, hitting a price tag of USD 3,000
EU Army forces EU down path to full unionWith continued challenges in the region and a US military that isn't aggressively enacting its former role as global policeman, the European Union agrees to create its own armed forces, bringing the whole region closer.
A country agrees to ban all meat production by 2030In an effort to become one of the global leaders on the path to net-zero emissions, one country decides to not only put a heavy tax on meat, but to ban domestic production entirely.
UK holds UnBrexit referendumFollowing a recession and domestic pressure, the United Kingdom is thrown into political turmoil that will end with a vote to wind back Brexit.
Widespread price controls are introduced to cap official inflationHistory tells us that with the war economy comes rationing and price controls. And this time is no different, as policymakers introduce strict price controls that lead to a range of unintended consequences.
OPEC+ & Chindia walk out of the IMF, agree to trade with new reserve assetSanctions against Russia have caused widespread turmoil due to US Dollar moves in countries across the globe that don't consider the US an ally. To relieve themselves from this, they leave the IMF and create a new reserve asset.
USDJPY fixed to the USD at 200 as Japan overhauls financial systemFollowing the challenges that faced the Japanese Yen in 2022, the Bank of Japan attempts to keep the currency from sliding. Unsuccessful on the long-term, Japan will launch a reset of its entire financial system.
Tax haven ban kills private equityWith the war economy comes an increased focus on national interests and sovereign nations' ability to assert themselves. In that regard, the OECD countries turn their attention on tax havens and pull the big guns out, banning them altogether.