An Energy renaissance in a post Covid-19 world
Nowhere has the recent vaccine news from Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna had a bigger positive impact than on the energy sector. The potential for vaccines being rolled out in the new year, thereby driving a recovery in global fuel demand, was received very positively by the market. Adding to this the so called rotation out of momentum into more traditional value stocks - such as energy - the foundation for renewed investor interest has emerged. But with that there has also been a divergence in the performance between supply/demand dependent crude oil and forward looking equities on energy companies.
In this webinar we will discuss:
- The supply & demand backdrop for Energy
- Backwardation in the futures market and what this means
- The impact on oil demand from more flexible work hours and the transition to electric vehicles
- If the decade long underperformance of the Energy sector may be coming to an end
- Outlook and potential investment opportunities for 2021
The presentation will last approximately 1hr including Q&A.