Listen to this special edition podcast - slides are available via the link in the podcast description..
Commodities have been key in the globalized world for the past years, as a plethora of macro events have brought the asset class’s tangible nature into focus. As always, the financial sector followed suit and the desire to invest in commodities has grown steadily.
But old-school investing in commodities through futures comes with the challenge that lot sizes are huge, meaning you have to tie a lot of money into specific commodities to just get some exposure. That picture has changed and today there’s several ways to – directly and indirectly – gain exposure to commodities.
In this special podcast episode, Hardy, Hansen and Garnry take you through:
- 2.10: The history and development of commodity trading
- 8.50: Commodity evaluation based on supply (backwardation and contango)
- 13.15: Gaining direct exposure to commodities through ETC’s
- 16.05: Investing indirectly in commodities through equities
- 22.33: The current state of the commodities market
- 26.25: Green transformation and metal commodities
- 30.30: Whether you should consider adding commodities to your portfolio
- 31.30: Long-term commodities outlook
Follow Saxo Market Call on your favorite podcast app:
If you are not able to find the podcast on your favourite podcast app when searching for Saxo Market Call, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll look into it.
Questions and comments, please!
We invite you to send any questions and comments you might have for the podcast team. Whether feedback on the show's content, questions about specific topics, or requests for more focus on a given market area in an upcoming podcast, please get in touch at email@example.com.