We need water. We need oxygen. We need win-win markets.
Not a day has gone by in the history of humanity where we did not need each other. Capitalism is not an ideology – it is a system. And while it possesses the potential for humans creating win-win transactions among each other, then systems can be flawed. We need to mend and transform the system, but we cannot do it alone. Whether we call it humanistic capitalism or win-win markets, what matters is that we start to use the strength of the system to make the best possible impact on the most important thing we have: each other.Sources referenced in the video:
- “Capitalism and Its Impact on Global Living Standards”, Josh Swan, University of Birmingham
- “The Cambridge History of Capitalism”, Cambridge University
- “Exxon loses board seats to activist hedge fund in landmark climate vote”, Reuters
Quarterly Outlook Q2 2022: The End Game has arrived
- Shocks from covid and the war in Ukraine have forced the global financial and political world to change, but what will the end game be?
Productivity and innovation have never been more importantAs the world economy hits physical limits and central banks tighten their belts, could equities be facing a 10-15% downside?
The great EUR recovery and the difficulty of trading itIf the terrible fog of war hopefully lifts soon, the conditions are promising for the euro to reprice significantly higher.
Tight commodity markets – turbocharged by war and sanctionsWith supply already tight, commodities keep powering on. But will it last for yet another quarter?
Between a rock and a hard placeGeopolitical concerns will add upward price pressures and fears of slower growth, while volatility will remain elevated.
The Great ErosionInflation is everywhere and central banks try to combat it. But will they get it under control in time?
Australian investing: Six considerations amid triple Rs: rising rates, record inflation and likely recessionWhile global financial markets are struggling in an uncertain world, the commodity-heavy Australian ASX index is poised to keep a positive momentum.
Cybersecurity – the rush to catch up with realityWith the invasion of Ukraine, governments and private companies are rushing to reinforce their cyber defenses.
Please read our disclaimers:
- Notification on Non-Independent Investment Research (https://www.home.saxo/legal/niird/notification)
- Full disclaimer (https://www.home.saxo/en-gb/legal/disclaimer/saxo-disclaimer)