Q1 2021 Quarterly Outlook
Join our strategy team as they present their cross-asset views as featured in our new Q1 2021 Quarterly Outlook.
In the past 227 years of recorded market prices, the world has witnessed a mere six commodity bull markets. The Saxo Strats team fully expects 2021 to mark the beginning of the seventh. A commodity bull market is part and parcel of a new secular inflationary regime, a development few investors alive recall during their professional careers, as the last one ended about forty years ago. Importantly, this could mark a jarring shift away from the present euphoria in asset markets fueled by very negative real rates and the most relaxed monetary policy in history.
- The paradigm shift from financial stability to social stability
- Surging commodity prices looking for more in 2021
- Cryptocurrencies becoming more institutional, less obscure
- USD bears celebrate Blue Wave Lite, but what about rates?
- Equity investors must embrace the commodity sector during reflation
- US Treasury Bonds: a ticking bomb
Steen Jakobsen – CIO and Chief Economist
John Hardy – Head of FX Strategy
Peter Garnry – Head of Equity Strategy
Ole Hansen – Head of Commodity Strategy
Althea Spinozzi – Fixed Income Strategist