Change business model and expand market share
A boutique broker and asset and wealth manager, DIF Broker provides clients in Spain, Portugal, Poland and Latin America (through its subsidiary DIF Markets) with multi-asset market access and leading personal service.
At the turn of the century, the financial services industry was changing rapidly. DIF Broker realised that to expand its business and meet the evolving needs of traders and investors, it must adapt its business model.
It sought to go from a traditional phone-based brokerage to a technology-first firm. Since then its new digital model has been meeting the needs of self-directed retail traders and provide them with direct access to capital markets.
Challenge: Find a cost-effective way of expanding product offering
To adapt to the changing landscape, DIF Broker required a bespoke digital trading platform. However, building a proprietary platform from the ground up would be cost prohibitive and slow to market. DIF Broker needed a partner that could help it overcome these issues as it sought to gain significant market share in Spain and Portugal.
Solution: Outsource to Saxo's capital markets infrastructure
DIF Broker has taken on two of our Open Banking solutions, using our white label package to help its European expansion, and employing our OpenAPI to gain ground in Latin America.
By connecting to our capital markets infrastructure via API, DIF has been able to create bespoke applications, tailored to local markets, including DIF Portfolios and the Easy Bond app.
The Easy Bond app perfectly demonstrates DIF Broker’s commitment to develop a user-friendly experience for its clients. DIF Broker is a truly technology-first firm that uses our tech to power an application tailored to local client needs. By employing the right technology, its clients can swiftly trade relevant markets, wherever they are.
The DIF Portfolio solution for DIF Markets – built in collaboration with Saxo – enables clients to subscribe to managed portfolios in just one click, view positions at any time, keep exposure under control and understand what is driving the portfolio’s results.
How the DIF Portfolio solution is built
Results: Exponential growth, and expanded product and service offering
By partnering with Saxo, DIF Broker has not only been able to leverage a state-of-the-art platform and trading technology, but also expanded successfully. Since our collaboration began, DIF Broker has seen continual exponential growth and broken into new jurisdictions.
DIF Broker now has a presence in Spain, which is a larger market than its traditional base, enabling higher levels of client onboarding and revenues than ever before.
“We managed to deliver good products with speed, confidence and transparency to Portuguese and Spanish investors. The association between our two companies has made this business model very successful for us.”
CEO DIF Broker
About DIF Broker
DIF Broker was founded in 1999 and, since then, has provided services to thousands of clients across Spain, Portugal, Poland and Latin America (through its subsidiary DIF Markets). Its business is built around three core pillars: people, compliance and technology, which it uses as a foundation to help inspire its clients to follow their financial ambitions. DIF Broker aims to innovate and remain forward-looking, enabling its customers to “invest in what they are”.
Find out how DIF Broker used our front-to-back functionality to expand its product offering
01 Client experience facilitation
- Web, mobile and tablet trading via SaxoTraderGO
- Professional-grade trading on SaxoTraderPRO
02 Execution and trading services
- Asset classes include FX, CFDs, stocks, bonds, ETFs, mutual funds
- Single cross-margin trading environment to execute orders and manage risk
- Liquidity sourced from 85 venues, multiple Tier 1 banks and ECNs
- Integration of own-flow execution through local memberships
- Market data service
- Real-time position keeping and account management
- Real-time risk and margin monitoring
- Activity log of all trading-related activity
03 Post-trade services
- Reconciliation, settlement and custody
- Automatic overnight financing
- Corporate actions processing and stock transfers
- End-of-day and real-time reporting across front-, middle- and back-office
- Collateral management and reporting
Regulatory reporting services
- Consolidated reports and end-customer statements
- MIFID II transactional reporting
- EMIR reporting
- Compliance reporting across 170 jurisdictions
04 Tech foundation
- End-of-day file transfers for reporting and business intelligence
- OpenAPI services to build bespoke user experiences
- Real-time trade notifications for trade, order notifications and margin call data
Services for white label models with undisclosed end-clients
- Set up and manage client account and cash transactions in real time
- Account configuration via a client configuration management API
- Funding and cash management tools to support real-time services
- Self-directed, advisory and discretionary client set ups
Services for introducing broker models with disclosed end-clients
- Demo account services for lead acquisition
- Multi-account structures
- Self-directed client set ups
- Real-time lead and client administration via SaxoTools
- Real-time back-office platform via WebConnect
- Performance dashboards to analyse clients’ behaviour
Get a solution like DIF Broker’s
Explore our partnership models.
Read other client stories
Partner with Saxo
Design your solution
Develop your business plan and key metrics with our experts.
We’ll help you configure, implement and test your solution.
Receive ongoing expert support from your commercial launch onward.