The partnership with Saxo enables Banca Generali to offer best of breed
online trading and digital services to Italian clients looking to trade and
invest autonomously, as well as to existing private clients through
and financial advisers
Offering best of breed online trading and digital services to Italian clients - directly and through financial advisors
Consumers are experiencing digitisation in most aspects of their life and are beginning to expect the same levels of digitisation in financial services.
The partnership with Saxo enables Banca Generali to offer best of breed online trading and digital services to Italian clients looking to trade and invest autonomously, as well as to their existing private clients through financial advisors.
Thanks to Banca Generali’s strong brand, they believe the partnership helps them compete more effectively against new digital entrants introducing digital investment services to the Italian market.
Challenge: find a leading provider with an open architecture in terms of technology, innovation and service
Banca Generali knows that the future of financial services will be driven by open architecture and the organisation recognised that Saxo Bank was a leading provider in this area in terms of technology, innovation and service.
To determine how to digitise their services, Banca Generali weighed up three options which were: build their own system, buy in external services or form a partnership with a leading fintech specialist. It was decided that the JV partnership with Saxo Bank was the most effective and efficient route for Banca Generali to achieve its digitisation ambitions.
The partnership has been particularly successful between the two organisations as the strategy and JV negotiations were conducted at the C-suite level by the CEO of Banca Generali, Gian Maria Mossa and the CEO of Saxo Bank, Kim Fournais who share the same views around digitisation and technology innovation.
“We are pleased to partner with one of the best companies in the world for digital trading services, and its outstanding, innovation-oriented management team. This partnership opens up new opportunities for our bank, which is expanding its exclusive solutions with a range of excellent digital services, and especially for our network of financial advisors and clients, to whom our private bank will be able to provide an even more extensive and distinctive range of tools which will add value and greater choice."
Gian Maria Mossa
Chief Executive Officer
Solution: providing clients with direct market access to 40,000 instruments in a compliant and transparent manner
Through the Banca Generali and Saxo Joint Venture (JV), clients will be able to trade more than 40,000 financial instruments across asset classes, as well as benefit from complete automation and transparency from the trade execution process all the way though to post trade processing.
As part of the service, clients will be able to fulfil all the requirements of MiFID II such as trade reporting and compliance with best execution requirements.
The launch started with digital stocks and bonds with the universe expanding to include all derivatives for Banca Generali’s clients.
What will a successful collaboration look like?
The target for the JV BGSaxo is to have 30,000 clients in its first year of going live who will have full access to Saxo's trading platform. Banca Generali believes this is a realistic goal given their network of 2,000+ financial advisors and 250,000+ clients in Italy alone.
About Banca Generali
Banca Generali is a leading player in Italy in financial planning and wealth management for clients, leveraging on its top-of-the-industry network of financial advisors and versatile and innovative asset management services. The bank manages € 61.1 billion (results at 31.03.2019) for 250,000+ customers through networks of 2,000+ professionals across Italy. The company’s mission is having “trusted professionals always by the customer’s side, developing and looking after their life plans”. Banca Generali’s customizable offer is made up of banking services, investment solutions, advisory and wealth management.
Founded in 2000, Banca Generali has been listed on the Milan stock exchange since November 2006 and is a subsidiary of Assicurazioni Generali, synonymous with reliability and security for over 180 years.
Find out how Banca Generali used our front-to-back functionality to create its open platform fund
01 Client experience facilitation
Banca Generali adapted Saxo’s proprietary trading and investment front-ends to the BGSaxo brand with bespoke development
- Web, mobile and tablet trading via BGSaxoTraderGO
- Dedicated product universe, covering 10,000+ bonds
- Dedicated investor platform with customized content
02 Execution and trading services
- Single cross-margin trading environment to execute orders and manage risk
- 35,000+ tradable instruments across FX, CFDs, stocks, bonds, ETFs, options and futures
- Bond limit order support
- Average pricing netting
- Liquidity sourced from 85 venues, multiple Tier 1 banks and ECNs
- Integration of own-flow execution through local memberships
- Market data service
- Tailored financial advisor workflows incl. client application flows
- Support for local settlement and accounting flows
- Banca Generali as broker specialist on some markets
- Real-time position keeping and account management
- Real-time risk and margin monitoring
- Activity log of all trading-related activity
03 Post-trade services
- Reconciliation, settlement and custody
- Automatic overnight financing
- Corporate actions processing and stock transfers
- End-of-day and real-time reporting across front-, middle- and back-office
- Collateral management and reporting
- Consolidated reports and end-customer statements
- MIFID II transactional reporting
- EMIR reporting
- Compliance reporting
- Integration of own settlement services and custodian
- Customized local reporting (AML, Tax Authority, Bank of Italy)
04 Tech foundation
- Federated single sign-on for client authentication e
- End-of-day file transfers for reporting and business intelligence
- OpenAPI services to build bespoke user experiences
- FIX API to receive tailored multi-asset liquidity with back-office services
Services for white label models with undisclosed end-clients
- Set up and manage client account and cash transactions in real time
- Lead registration APIs for premium offerings
- Funding and cash management tools to support real-time services
- Self-directed and advisory client set ups
- Full scale and security with Microsoft cloud
- Incident management, cyber-security and risk-management programs
- IT recovery procedures and real-time redundancy set
- Client administration via SaxoTools
- Real-time back-office platform via WebConnect
- Performance dashboards to analyse clients’ behaviour
Get a solution like Banca Generali
Explore our partnership models.
Read other client stories
Partner with Saxo
Design your solution
Develop your business plan and key metrics with our experts.
We’ll help you configure, implement and test your solution.
Receive ongoing expert support from your commercial launch onward.