New E-mini Russell 2000 Contract Options on CME
On 10 July 2017, the world's largest derivatives marketplace, the CME Group, launched futures and options on the Russell 2000® Index.
This Russell index offers access to US domestic companies with market capitalization of between 50M-10B.
The respective futures and options have traded on the ICE exchange since 2007 but are now returning to CME. The futures will be listed with quarterly contracts, and the September (RTYU7) and December (RTYZ7) ones are already available through Saxo platforms.
The CME is looking to list the following contracts:
- E-mini Russell 2000 Index (RTY)
- Expiration months - MAR, JUN, SEP, DEC (H, M, U, Z)
- Options on E-mini Russell 2000 Index futures
- Weekly options on the E-mini Russell 200 Index futures
- Options on E-mini Russell 2000 Index futures (end-of-month)
- E-mini Russell 2000 Growth Index futures
- E-mini Russell 2000 Value Index futures