Futures position management changes
Saxo Capital Markets is moving to FIFO netting on futures positions from:
- SaxoTrader platform - 6th April
- SaxoTraderGO platform - 13th May (instead of 8th April as initially communicated)
This means that futures trades must be closed in the order they were opened; platform features which allow you to close trades in a different order will be removed:
- Individual trades in a position cannot be closed directly.
- You cannot place related stop and limit order to close specific trades.
To close or reduce a position, you can place a trade using either the Close button on the position or by placing a trade using the Trade Ticket.
Stop loss and take profit orders cannot be related directly to individual trades. Independent stop and limit orders can be placed instead and managed separately to the position – if you manually close a position, you must also manually cancel any orders.
Allocation Summary changes
In connection with the futures position management changes in the beginning of April, the Allocation Summary will be changed:
- For futures contracts, the Close Allocated Positions Ticket will be changed to allocate futures orders/trades which are not related to opening trades.
- The Close Position buttons on the trade level in the Allocation Summary will be removed for all products.