Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP)
A HM Revenue and Customs approved personal pension scheme designed for investors who want flexibility and control over their investment strategy, including the asset classes in which their pension fund is invested.
Before applying for an account, please familiarise yourself with these documents: General Business Terms, Product Rates and Conditions, Commissions, Charges & Margin Schedule, Order Execution Policy, Conflict of Interest Policy and Risk Disclosure Notice. Some products on our platforms are traded on margin and losses can exceed deposits. Please ensure you understand the risks.
To apply for a SIPP Account please download the Investment Wrapper application form below and return to us at PrivateSalesUK@saxomarkets.com.
Please note that Saxo Capital Markets provide execution-only SIPP services and you will need to select a trustee to service the administrative side of the relationship. Contact us to find out if your SIPP trustee has a relationship with Saxo Capital Markets UK.
Why trade your SIPP with Saxo?
- Ability to access our complete range of trading services (except for FX Options) all from one trading platform*
- Trade 19,000 Shares worldwide
- 3,101 ETFs and ETCs
- 9,000 index, commodity and single stock CFDs
- 200+ futures
- 160 FX currency pairs
- Only 1% currency conversion charge when trades settled in different currency from your trading account.
- Direct dial access to an Account / Relationship Manager.
- Access to our advanced Equity Research module offering detailed company information on over 11,000 Shares (charges may apply depending on type of account).
- Award-winning trading platforms - SaxoTrader and SaxoTraderGO.
- A full range of trade orders and one-click trading for fast execution.
What are the benefits?
- A SIPP puts you in control – always know where your money is invested and how it's performing
- A SIPP provides generous tax benefits on the contributions you make to the account – the Annual Allowance on tax relievable contributions is currently £50,000 gross
- SIPP plans are free from Capital Gains Tax (CGT) and Income tax
- You cannot withdraw money from your SIPP until the age of 55, however you can normally take up to 25% of your SIPP as a tax free lump sum from this time
- SIPP funds can often pass to your spouse free from inheritance tax should you die before taking the benefits
SIPP Account FAQ
Trading derivative products in your SIPP
Saxo Capital Markets facilitates the trading of SIPP funds in derivative products (subject to any SIPP scheme restrictions), however, it is important to remember that trading derivative products carries a high level of risk to your capital as it is possible to incur losses that can exceed your initial investment.
When trading derivative products through your SIPP, Saxo Capital Markets will restrict dealing or trading services in certain products (such as FX Options) and will also apply an increased margin requirement which is higher than the standard Retail Product Rates and Conditions thereby reducing the amount of leverage or gearing available to you.
How do I trade via my SIPP with Saxo Capital Markets?
Whilst Saxo Capital Markets does not act as a provider, administrator or trustee of personal pension schemes, we do offer the facility for SIPP members or their appointed investment advisor to trade funds held within a SIPP on our trading platforms and thereby, subject to the terms and conditions of their SIPP trustee, access our complete range of trading services (except for FX Options).
How do I open a SIPP account?
We can only open SIPP accounts through one of the Trustees on our approved SIPP Trustee list.
Please find the SIPP application form here. The SIPP Member must complete Parts 1 to 7 of this application form. The SIPP Trustee should then complete Parts 8 to 12. The SIPP Trustee (as Principal) and the appointed Attorney(s), including if appropriate the Investment Advisor, should then complete and sign Part 13. If the SIPP Member signs as an Attorney then their signature should be witnessed as requested.
Please note that we cannot start processing the application form until both the client and Trustee have completed their part of the form. As well as the form, we also require the client’s ID and Proof of Residency.
Email the package to PrivateSalesUK@saxomarkets.com.
List of approved Trustees
|SIPP Provider||SIPP Trustee|
|@SIPP plc||@SIPP plc Pension Trustees Ltd|
|Alltrust Services Limited||Alltrust SIPP Limited|
|Baker Tilly Isle of Man Corporate Trustee Limited||Baker Tilly Isle of Man Corporate Trustee Limited|
|Bridgewater Pension Trustees||Bridgewater Pension Trustees|
|Carey Pensions UK LLP||Carey Pension Trustees Ltd|
|Corporate & Professional Pensions Limited||Corporate & Professional Pensions Limited|
|Curtis Banks PLC||Colston Trustees Limited|
|D P Pensions Ltd||D A Phillips & Co Ltd|
|Dentons Pension Management Limited||Denton & Co Trustees Limited|
|EBS Management PLC||EBS Management PLC|
|Guardian Pension Consultants Ltd||Guardian Pension Trustees Ltd|
|The Hornbuckle Mitchell Group PLC||Hornbuckle Mitchell Trustees Ltd|
|Intelligent Money Ltd||Intelligent Money Ltd|
|InvestAcc Limited||InvestAcc Limited|
|IPM SIPP Administration Limited||IPM SIPP Administration Limited|
|The IPS Partnership||PAL Trustees Ltd|
|IPS Pensions Limited||Union Pension Trustees Limited|
|The Lifetime SIPP Co Ltd||The SIPP Trustee Provider Ltd|
|London & Colonial Services Ltd||London & Colonial Services Ltd|
|Mattioli Woods PLC||MW Trustees Limited|
|MJF Pension Trustees Limited||MJF Pension Trustees Limited|
|Curtis Banks Plc||Montpelier Pension Trustees Limited|
|Organon SIPP Services Limited||Organon Pension Trustees Ltd|
|Pointon York SIPP Solutions||Crescent Trustees Ltd|
|Stadia Trustees Limited||Stadia Trustees Limited|
|Talbot & Muir SIPP LLP||TM Trustees Ltd|
|Westerby Trustee Services Ltd||Westerby Trustee Services Ltd|
Please note that Saxo Capital Markets provide execution-only SIPP services and you will also need to select a trustee to service the administrative side of the relationship.
Contact us to find out if your SIPP trustee has a relationship with Saxo Capital Markets UK.
- Transferring assets:
- If you want to transfer an existing pension currently with another provider, please request their Transfer Discharge Form.
- Send documentation back to Saxo Capital Markets:
- Scan and email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send documents to Private Sales UK, Saxo Capital Markets UK Limited, 26th floor, 40 Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5DA