Saxo Markets Australia launches Exchange Traded Options (ETO) on ASX
- This new offering is in addition to Saxo’s 1,200+ options listed on 23 international exchanges covering equities, indices, energy, metals and more
- ASX ETOs offer clients the ability to gain exposure to a number of ASX listed shares without having to purchase the shares directly
- The move also taps into the recent growth in options trading as more self-directed investors and traders look for efficient ways to manage risk and enhance returns on equity portfolios
SYDNEY, 15 July 2020 – Saxo Markets, the leading Fintech provider of multi-asset trading and investment services, today added Exchange Traded Options (ETO) over shares listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) to its online platform. This complements the existing 1,200+ international options that are already available on the Saxo platform.
“We are incredibly excited to be able to provide our clients with even more choice on the platform now via the addition of ASX listed single stock options, which complements our international stock options offering. With the current market volatility and general mood of uncertainty with the economy and society, we have not only seen an increased level of client activity as well as trading volumes, but also a demand for more content and choices to help them make more informed decisions. For traders and investors who are looking for enhanced risk management and equity portfolio strategies, ETOs serve as a powerful tool for hedging risk and generating income on ASX shares,” said Adam Smith, CEO, Saxo Markets Australia.
Available on SaxoTraderGO and SaxoTraderPro now, ASX ETOs offer the following benefits for investors:
- Diversification: ETOs allow clients to build a diversified equity portfolio for a lower initial outlay than would be the case if they purchased the shares directly. Saxo is offering ETOs over stocks ranging from BHP to WOW, thereby providing a way for clients to diversify and complement their existing portfolios.
- Potential yield enhancement: Clients can elect to sell options to earn additional income over and above dividends.
- Risk management: Options provide opportunities to trade in bull or bear markets. ETOs are a powerful tool for equity portfolio protection. Options can be traded without the investor necessarily having to exercise them. Put options, for instance, allow clients to hedge or insure against a possible fall in the value of the shares they hold and can be sold prior to expiry in order to take a profit or limit a loss.
- Low cost of entry: Saxo offers competitive commissions on ASX ETOs from AUD 1 per lot. In addition, as options require lower initial outlay than the underlying assets themselves, clients can more efficiently deploy their investing capital.
For more information on Saxo’s ASX ETO, please visit: http://home.saxo/en-au/campaigns/asx-etos
Founded in 1992, Saxo Bank was one of the first financial institutions to develop a online trading platform that provided private investors with the same tools and market access as professional traders, large institutions and fund managers.
Saxo offers clients around the world broad access to global capital markets across asset classes, where they can trade more than 40,000 instruments in over 25 languages from one single margin account.
Saxo Markets Australia is known locally for its broad range of asset classes and international market access, as well as a seamless and personalised platform experience that connects traders, investors and partners to global FX, CFDs, Stocks, Options, Futures and more from a single account.
The Saxo Bank Group holds four banking licenses and is well regulated globally. In Australia, Saxo Capital Markets is licensed and regulated by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) as a share trading platform.
The Saxo Bank Group also powers more than 135 financial institutions as partners by boosting the investment experience they can offer their clients via its open banking technology.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Saxo Bank’s client assets total more than 80 billion USD and the company has more than 2,000 financial and technology professionals in financial centres around the world including London, Singapore, Amsterdam, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Paris, Zurich, Dubai and Tokyo.
For more information, please visit: https://www.home.saxo/en-au.
Saxo Bank Group (Saxo) is a leading multi-asset trading and investment specialist, offering a complete set of trading and investment technologies, tools and strategies.
For almost 25 years, Saxo’s mission has been to enable individuals and institutions by facilitating their access to professional trading and investing through technology and expertise.
As a fully licensed and regulated bank, Saxo enables its private clients to trade multiple asset classes across global financial markets from one single margin account and across multiple devices. Additionally, Saxo provides institutional clients such as banks and brokers with multi-asset execution, prime brokerage services and trading technology.
Saxo’s award winning trading platforms are available in more than 20 languages and form the technology backbone of more than 100 financial institutions worldwide.
Founded in 1992 and headquartered in Copenhagen, Saxo employs more than 1500 people in financial centres around the world including London, Singapore, Paris, Zurich, Dubai and Tokyo.