Saxo welcomes Charu Chanana, Market Strategist in Singapore, bolstering market insights and coverage for clients in Asia Pacific
- Charu Chanana joins Jessica Amir in Sydney, and Redmond Wong in Hong Kong to form the APAC Strategists team for Saxo in the region.
- Together, they bring a deep bench of expertise and insights to clients in their home market and across the region.
SINGAPORE / HONG KONG / SYDNEY, 25 May 2022 – Saxo Markets, a leading Fintech specialist that connects people to investment opportunities in global capital markets, has welcomed Charu Chanana, Market Strategist, based in Singapore. She is part of a team of three market strategists based in Asia Pacific across Singapore, Saxo’s regional headquarters, Australia and Hong Kong.
- Based in Singapore, Charu Chanana will focus on delivering thematic based investment strategies for Saxo clients globally. Her key focus areas will be macro themes, forex, commodities and equities across Southeast Asia, Japan, India and the U.S. Charu has over 10 years of experience in the financial markets, having served most recently as the Lead Asia Economist at Continuum Economics, where her purview included macroeconomic analysis for emerging Asian countries with a key focus on India and Southeast Asia. Visit her author page here for more: https://www.home.saxo/insights/news-and-research/authors/charu-chanana
- Based in Sydney, Jessica Amir is responsible for providing real-time market updates and data analysis, working closely alongside Saxo’s expert Global Sales Trading team to deliver Australia-specific market insights. With more than 14 years’ experience in financial markets and a rich media experience, she was most recently with Bell Direct, where she was the senior market analyst and media presenter. Visit her author page here for more: https://www.home.saxo/insights/news-and-research/authors/jessica-amir
- Based in Hong Kong, Redmond Wong brings with him over 30 years of experience in the industry. He is responsible for communicating Saxo's global investment strategy, generating Hong Kong and mainland China focused research, and delivering actionable insights across different asset classes and tradable instruments. Visit his author page here for more: https://www.home.saxo/insights/news-and-research/authors/redmond-wong
Commenting on her appointment, Charu remarks, “I am excited to take on this role with Saxo Markets in Singapore and look forward to playing a pivotal role in clients’ investment journeys. As Saxo serves a growing client base that both does active trading as well as longer-term investing, it is an honour to be given this responsibility to enhance their experience at Saxo.”
Adam Reynolds, APAC CEO, Saxo Markets, comments, “We are thrilled to welcome Charu in the Singapore office, joining Jessica and Redmond to bring an incredible wealth of knowledge, experience and great energy to the teams in APAC. As we welcome more clients to Saxo in the region, we can now provide them with more timely, relevant and actionable market insights and macro trading ideas with a regional flavour and local lens, in addition to the great insights from our global SaxoStrats team, including asset class champions such as Ole Hansen in commodities, John Hardy in FX, and Peter Garnry in equities. We believe this brings great value to the clients as they navigate the markets and make the most of their investments.”
Commenting on the expansion of Saxo’s global pool of Strategists, Steen Jakobsen, Saxo’s Chief Economist and Chief Investment Officer, says, “We have seen an increase in demand for timely and relevant market analysis from our growing pool of clients in Asia Pacific. We are happy to have Jessica, Redmond and Charu in the team now to add even more local relevance and insights on macro themes and global asset classes for the clients.”
For media enquiries to the APAC Market Strategists team, please write to APACStrats@saxomarkets.com.
For more information, please write to email@example.com.
Founded in 1992, Saxo Bank was one of the first financial institutions to develop a online trading platform that provided private investors with the same tools and market access as professional traders, large institutions and fund managers.
Saxo offers clients around the world broad access to global capital markets across asset classes, where they can trade more than 40,000 instruments in over 25 languages from one single margin account.
Saxo Markets Australia is known locally for its broad range of asset classes and international market access, as well as a seamless and personalised platform experience that connects traders, investors and partners to global FX, CFDs, Stocks, Options, Futures and more from a single account.
The Saxo Bank Group holds four banking licenses and is well regulated globally. In Australia, Saxo Capital Markets is licensed and regulated by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) as a share trading platform.
The Saxo Bank Group also powers more than 135 financial institutions as partners by boosting the investment experience they can offer their clients via its open banking technology.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Saxo Bank’s client assets total more than 80 billion USD and the company has more than 2,000 financial and technology professionals in financial centres around the world including London, Singapore, Amsterdam, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Paris, Zurich, Dubai and Tokyo.
For more information, please visit: https://www.home.saxo/en-au.